• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Travel Agent Messed up my plans

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

HarshD

I bought 2 tickets (2 months back) from a travel agent to travel to India from San Francisco to travel this week. I called the airlines couple of days back to reconfirm the reservation(72 hours before the flight) and the airlines told me that I do not have a reservation. They are saying that Travel agent did not complete the formalities and so they cancelled the tickets. Now the tickets are put on waiting list by the agent but there is very slim chances of getting them confirmed. He has not even ofered my money back(which is of no point now) nor has he offered to upgrade or assign seats on another airlines. I am supposed to travel tomorrow and he says maybe I should go to the airport and give it a try.
Is there anything I can do fi the tickets are not confirmed? Can I sue the travel agent for spoiling my plans made 2 months in advance? What kind of compensation should I be looking for?
Please advice.
Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">