• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Travel Insurance for Cruise Line Bankruptcy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mike Maxwell

I live in Virginia and had booked a cruise with a company which has ceased operations due to bankruptcy. I had purchased Travel Insurance with a company which covers "trip defaults" which this clearly is. I have had 3 phone contacts with the insurance company since we filed more than 7 weeks ago and we feel we are getting the brush off. "There are a lot of claims to process, etc etc." What if any legal course do we have with this company if they continue to ignore the claim and do not honor the contract? My feeling right now is that they are hoping we will just fade off into the sunset and go away. I do not intend to just go away.

ALawyer

If this is a covered event the insurance company must pay, unless it too may go insolvent. Be persistent and ask when payment will be made. Contact the state insurance department for help too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">