• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

travel pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

ru469

What is the name of your state?OHIO I am paid hourly, if I travel on a Sunday for 6-8 for work to go to training, do they have to pay me?
Also if I train from 8 am to 5 pm and then take a flight home and get home at 2 am, they don't pay for travel time and require us to be at work at 8 am or we have to take a vacation day. During a normal work day, I am paid from 8 am to 5 pm, but they require us to be at our first service call in the morning by 8 am which means I regularly have to leave home between 6:30 and 7 am and do not get home till after 6:30 pm. What are the Ohio laws on travel pay. Thank you

Beth3

I can tell you what the federal requirements are but your State likely has it's own requirements for travel time which may be more generous. Your best option is to contact Ohio's Department of Labor.

Under federal law, the travel time you describe above is not compensible. It's also lawful for them to charge you for a vacation day if you don't report to work, regardless of the reason.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">