• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Traveling With One Name On BC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nagol818

What is the name of your state?PA

I posted this on the Immigration forum but I thought I'd post this here too since so many people on this forum have so much experience with children.

My daughter and I are traveling to Vancouver Canada in July with my daughter's father. I have not received my daughter's birth cerificate yet from the PA Dept of Health. I contacted Vital Records yesterday and they will send me out a birth certificate right away. However, because they have not received the Acknowledgement of Paternity form yet from the Dept of Welfare the father will not be listed on the bc. Under the father's name it will read, "not yet filed." Vital Records told me that since he won't be listed I will not need his information to enter Canada and get back to the states with my child. But then I thought, how would the Dept of Health know how to get into Canada and back? So I am double and triple checking. I emailed the US Consulate but I am afraid I won't hear back from them before I travel. So does anyone know if my information will be enough to get to and from Canada?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">