• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tree down, no damage, who moves tree?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jbx35

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Missouri

Last week big storm. Neighbors tree falls on their fence, most of the tree now in my yard. No damage to any of my property, but are the neighbors responsible for removing the tree from my property?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

HomeGuru

jbx35 said:
What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Missouri

Last week big storm. Neighbors tree falls on their fence, most of the tree now in my yard. No damage to any of my property, but are the neighbors responsible for removing the tree from my property?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
**A: yes, but if the tree is small, be neighborly.

J

jbx35

I actually agree with you, we did not want to make any kind of deal out of this at all, just be a neighbor and do what you can to help. They immediately took a tone, never once said can we help, or sorry about the mess, just screw you, it's your problem. That's what got my dander up. I plan on cutting up the tree this weekend and throwing the crap back over the fence, kinda like returning their property. The real question comes if they start throwing it back, then I'm going ballistic.

Thanks for the reply.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">