• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tree limbs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mamajojo

What is the name of your state?Anderson, SC
Ok my landlord has been told over and over again not just by me and my husband but by a few other neighbors that the tree in the yard has rotted limbs and they have started falling we have no choice then to park our car in front of our home on the third large tree limbs fell and damaged my van I sent the landlord pictures and told him I will call insurance and see what can be done he told ok do that I did when adjuster came out he tolalled my van so now I have no way of getting to doctors or work if he has been told about this issue and refuses to do something about it and others have told him as well can he be held responisble for it the neighbors are willing to write statements or if needed go to court with if it goes that far but needing to know what can be done

LdiJ

What is the name of your state?Anderson, SC
Ok my landlord has been told over and over again not just by me and my husband but by a few other neighbors that the tree in the yard has rotted limbs and they have started falling we have no choice then to park our car in front of our home on the third large tree limbs fell and damaged my van I sent the landlord pictures and told him I will call insurance and see what can be done he told ok do that I did when adjuster came out he tolalled my van so now I have no way of getting to doctors or work if he has been told about this issue and refuses to do something about it and others have told him as well can he be held responisble for it the neighbors are willing to write statements or if needed go to court with if it goes that far but needing to know what can be done
If you have full coverage then let your insurance handle it and they will go after your landlord. If you do not, then you may have to sue him if he won't submit the claim to his own insurance company.

mamajojo

Thank you for your input I have let my insurance company handle it yes I do have full coverage on the van just playing the waiting game now to see what is gonna be done about the issue.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Thank you for your input I have let my insurance company handle it yes I do have full coverage on the van just playing the waiting game now to see what is gonna be done about the issue.
That doesn't make sense. What should be done about the issue is that insurance should pay out to you the applicable amount for the total loss, as per the policy provisions. Then, you take that money and acquire a replacement vehicle. Beyond that, it's up to the insurance to recover from the other party. If they do, your deductible will be refunded.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">