• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tree Removal - Property Damage Responsibility

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

I live in a subdivision in Union County, NC. The developer of the subdivision has told us that they intend to remove "street trees" on our property to comply with Union County road easement requirements. We have spent a considerable amount of money and time to put river rocks (and edging) around these trees. Will we be able to get compensation for this? Are they required to move the rocks/edging with the tree and keep the rocks in pristine condition? Will they be required to replace the removal area with grass sod? Is there a statue that applies to this?

Thanks.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?


Senior Member
It sounds as if you spent money on landscaping in an easement. The developer is now bringing the easement into compliance with county regulations to hand over responsiblity for the road to the county. Whether the county allows for landscaping in the road easement is something you should call the county about.

I would recommend getting a shovel and wheelbarrow and move your rocks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential