• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trees on property lines?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelizeBreeze

rmet4nzkx said:
Thank you. And I'm ONLY answering this question after reading the OTHER post because of the idiotic response by claimlaw.

If you go back and read my second response this this poster you might just guess where I was going. And you would be right.

If the tree is on the property line and it was felled as a result of the (from the other post) wind and rain sufficient to bring it down, then each neighbor would be responsible under law, for that portion of the damage immediately on their own property.

Even in the case of disease and/or mitigation of deterioration of the tree itself, BOTH neighbors, to the extent that the tree abided on their separate property, would shoulder the responsibility.

And again, until it's know to what percentage the tree was on the property line on EACH side, there is no way to know to what extent damages would be assessed.

rmet4nzkx

BelizeBreeze said:
Thank you. And I'm ONLY answering this question after reading the OTHER post because of the idiotic response by claimlaw.

If you go back and read my second response this this poster you might just guess where I was going. And you would be right.

If the tree is on the property line and it was felled as a result of the (from the other post) wind and rain sufficient to bring it down, then each neighbor would be responsible under law, for that portion of the damage immediately on their own property.

Even in the case of disease and/or mitigation of deterioration of the tree itself, BOTH neighbors, to the extent that the tree abided on their separate property, would shoulder the responsibility.

And again, until it's know to what percentage the tree was on the property line on EACH side, there is no way to know to what extent damages would be assessed.
And common sense says to have the tree inspected for the benefit of both owners.
Our city park had a number of very old and large trees, the park was raised above ground level with a 3" stone retaining wall because the streets had been lowered. Because of heavy watering to maintain the lawns, one wet winter about 8 of these large healthy trees fell because of a combination of top heavy with water and ground too wet and shallow root systems, plop/thumppppppp :eek: over they went, very sad.

claimlaw

The poster stated that they have a Homeowners Policy. On the line or not, the insurance answer remains the same.

This is the insurance forum. If you are after a legal liability answer talk with Belize Breeze. She is obviously soothed by the sound of her own voice and finds this an excellent forum for propping up her poor self-esteem. She would be more than willing to rant her response to anyone that will listen - what a bore.

Claimlaw

panzertanker

panzertanker said:
Remove the decaying trees you must.
Tree that is decayed of yours that falls, homeowners policy of yours will cover
Healthy tree that falls of yours, policy of theirs should cover.
Policy of theirs that covers tree of yours, their insurance, after you they may come....
~yoda
I think I summed it all up with the wise words of Master Yoda.

And to use the cliche...
"Can't we all just get along?"

Numnuts....I actually like that one BB, and as you know I don't agree with you much. But I truly think you should change your name b/c many respondents think you have had a sex change.....How about:

terminally irritated
????????????????????????
:D

keniz138

haha..well, the OP is back, wow, what a thread this turned into! lol

anyway, the groundwater in my basement was real, the tree issue simply stems from the brain of a now hyper-sensitive homeowner! Whatabout this? What about that? hahaha

there is no tree decay, i was just curious, that's all. thanks to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">