• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trespassing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DMZ

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I am a business owner for many years and this past few months or possibly years I found out that there is a person that comes in my place of business at times when I'm not there. The reason might be an affair with my spouse. I know my sales have gone down and supplies are missing. I filed a police report and had them issue a warning to stay out of my property, However, I think she will continue to do the same. This has strongly affected me emotionally and financially. Any advice on what to do will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

I am a business owner for many years and this past few months or possibly years I found out that there is a person that comes in my place of business at times when I'm not there. The reason might be an affair with my spouse. I know my sales have gone down and supplies are missing. I filed a police report and had them issue a warning to stay out of my property, However, I think she will continue to do the same. This has strongly affected me emotionally and financially. Any advice on what to do will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Divorce sounds like an option...

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer

Thanks.
1) You can put in security cameras in an attempt to detect when/how supplies are going missing.

2) You can get counselling - individual or as a couple.

3) Please expand on how you think the alleged trespasser is affecting sales.

4) Since your wife is not an owner of the business, why is the alleged trespasser there? Is this going on during business hours or outside business hours?

quincy

What type of business do you operate?

For the police to issue a trespassing warning means you know who the person is. Who is it (not real name but in relationship to you)?

DMZ

1) You can put in security cameras in an attempt to detect when/how supplies are going missing.

2) You can get counselling - individual or as a couple.

3) Please expand on how you think the alleged trespasser is affecting sales.

4) Since your wife is not an owner of the business, why is the alleged trespasser there? Is this going on during business hours or outside business hours?
The alleged trespasser is the "she" on my earlier statement. Sorry. I can see the confusion. My husband works there to occasionally.
Answers:
1. Cameras in place but he won't let me view them saying " I don't remember the password"
2. This is not an option. He won't even discuss the situation and neither is she.
3. This I can give you many scenarios on why. However, I'm not sure if it matters if no proof.
4. This is going on during and after business hours. Last time I caught her there and asked why is she there? She refused to answer and ren away from the back door.

Thank you.

quincy

Who is the woman (not name)?

What is the business? Coffee shop? Hardware store? Marijuana outlet?

If the police issued her a trespassing warning, call the police next time you see her trespassing.

DMZ

What type of business do you operate?

For the police to issue a trespassing warning means you know who the person is. Who is it (not real name but in relationship to you)?

I only know her first name and vehicle info. Mistress..

quincy

I only know her first name and vehicle info. Mistress..
See my last post. If the police issued her a trespassing warning, call the police next time she trespasses.

And call a divorce attorney.

What is the business?

quincy

Beauty Salon.
Thank you for answering my question.

This woman does not work at the salon? Does her hair need frequent touch-ups or cuts or whatever? Doesn't really matter.

Just call the police and, because she has been warned not to trespass, if she trespasses (if your spouse has not given her permission to be at the salon and he has permission to be there), the police can arrest her.

You can also fire your husband, if he is an occasional worker at your salon, you own the salon, and you do not want either of them in your salon.

Last edited:

DMZ

Thank you for answering my question.

This woman does not work at the salon? Does her hair need frequent touch-ups or cuts or whatever? Doesn't really matter.

Just call the police and, because she has been warned not to trespass, if she trespasses (if your spouse has not given her permission to be at the salon), the police can arrest her.
If I can prove that she is the reason for the dropping sales or missing money, can I sue her? If so which court and do I need to hire an attorney?
What if my spouse has given her permission? how would I know and what happens then..

Thank you.

quincy

If I can prove that she is the reason for the dropping sales or missing money, can I sue her? If so which court and do I need to hire an attorney?
What if my spouse has given her permission? how would I know and what happens then..

Thank you.
If she is a thief and you can prove it, report the thefts to the police and report the trespassing if you find her at your salon again.

Seriously, just divorce your husband. You obviously don't trust him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">