• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tresspass by a landlord or authorized persons

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AMccallan

State: Wisconsin

Issue: Tenant is threatening charges of "illegal tresspass" if not present when anyone on official business with/for landlord enters home without the tenant being present.(example: landlord needing to removed stored property not owned by tenant, landlord needing to inspect damage to rental property, landlord needing to assess current condition of rental property, a carpenter or plumber entering for fixes and improvements to rental property, possible real estate appraisal or assements, etc.)

If given 12 hours notice, by Wisconsin law, must the landlord make contracted help or appraisal/assesment personell work around tenant's schedule? Can landlord enter, as long as proper notice has been given, regardless of tenant availability or presence?

A

AMccallan

Okay, better question that might take a little more thought-
I live in Iowa, and don't have ready access to Wisconsin law books. The reason I post is not to receive the obvious, but am hoping for a little guidance. Any idea where I can access the landlord tenant laws without having to travel to Wisconsin?

HomeGuru

Sure. You can travel in cyberspace. I do it every day. I go from China to US, then Canada, Thailand, Brazil...just today I logged over 22,000 miles. Use the power of the internet to your advantage.

Go to the State Resources link right on this website. Then click on the name of the State or the diagram on the map. Then search for L/T laws.
Since I feel in a giving mood, I'll give you a little tip. Wisconsin Statutes Chapter 704- Landlord/Tenant.

I hope this is not too obvious and is just the guidance that you seek. Now was I of help or what?

A

AMccallan

Definitely- Thanks for guiding me along in the direction I needed-

HomeGuru

You're welcome. And best of all, it's all free. Yipee. Free advice and free State Statutes. Now when you see those Salvation Army kettles around, drop a few extra bills in for the cause.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">