• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trip & fall

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hoobie

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Any advise?

I have a small retail business and in the last half hour at night we were cleaning up and an employee pulled a carpet outside on the sidewalk to the side to sweep off of any dirt. meanwhile a customer at the end of the night came in made a purchase and tripped and fell on her way out. she came back in with all the dramatics and said carpet was folded and looped over causing her to trip over it. her injury was a nickel size hole in jeans with the same size scrape/cut on her knee. nobody seen it happen and the carpet was not in the path to her vehicle anyway. she said it was looped over and that is why she fell. nobody knows if it was or wasn't.

asked her if she wanted to get medical attention and she refused? she went home and the next day she went to hospital ER. they treated her for pretty much a scraped knee. she got ointment, tetanus and few day supply of pain killer, muscle relaxer and mortin.

now she sends me the ER bill via certified mail with a well prepared letter... $1100. and another $1500 ($2600 total) tacked on for replacement pants lost time from work and inconvenience. I'm pretty sure she makes close to min wage. says.. if paid she is willing to sign release of claim. otherwise will contact attorney.

my deductable is $2000.00 and never had to file claim before. i can see paying 1100 plus pants, but the 1500 extra??? i have no idea if that is something i should be doing???What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

hoobie

I called them when it first happened and they said i had a $2000 deductable and see what happens with them first ot see if i want to file or not. I think in NC you can have a deductable on liability. waiting for a call back from them.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">