• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trouble with seller/broker/realtor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Blinded

The seller/realtor is the one who made the determination that we will not close by 1/2/04. They have not yet submitted an addendum to us. I plan to hire an attorney because I am tired of dealing with these people. Thanks for your help.

SS

HomeGuru

Blinded said:
The seller/realtor is the one who made the determination that we will not close by 1/2/04. They have not yet submitted an addendum to us. I plan to hire an attorney because I am tired of dealing with these people. Thanks for your help.

SS
**A: very good idea. You can SEE that you need legal counsel.

B

Blinded

OK, ONE more quick question since I am having trouble reaching my attorney because of the holiday thing...so I need this question answered if possible:

As I mentioned earlier, our offer to purchase contract states that we are to close on or before 1/2/04. The seller/realtor has told us we will not close by then because their plat (which includes this property) has not yet been recorded. IF the seller/realtor does not write a revision extending the closing date, does that mean the whole deal can fall apart and they can get out of selling us the property? With all the trouble and their lack of fulfilling the contingencies, it almost seems as if they're trying to get out of it (as if they might have received a better offer). We still want the property, but as I mentioned earlier, the realtor isn't doing her part, and I want to make sure we still have legal rights to the property if I can't reach my attorney by then, and she has not written up an extension on the closing date.

Thanks!

SS

JETX

"IF the seller/realtor does not write a revision extending the closing date, does that mean the whole deal can fall apart and they can get out of selling us the property?"
*** Though it doesn't necessarily mean that it WILL 'fall apart', it could. Or at least become a large legal headache.

"she has not written up an extension on the closing date."
*** Then I would suggest you contact the sellers agent and ask them what they are going to do about the upcoming contracted closing date. Be sure to get whatever they say in WRITING.

HomeGuru

Yes, stick to the contracted closing date and invoke specific performance, breach of contract etc. if closing does not occur by the specified date listing in the contract.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">