• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Truck fire

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Michigan but accident happened in Indiana

My husband drives a truck for a national company. Recently his truck expereinced a fire due to mechanical failure. All of the contents of the cab were destroyed ie, Playstation, television, clothes, Atlas, movies etc - about $500 in damages. His company is stating our personal homeowners policy should pay for this - is this true? Is there a way to make his company pay for it? Thanks for your assistance.


Although there may be coverage in the trucking company's policy, only they can volunteer the information. I know nothing about commercial auto policies.

Otherwise they are correct. Your homeowner's policy/renter's policy provides coverage, usually up to 10 or 25 percent of Coverage A[your Dwelling limits] for losses or damage to your property anywhere in the world.


Senior Member
Robert-PPL said:
Folks this is not a scam, it is the 33rd fastest growing company on the New York Stock exchange. The results are real, I'm just trying to help you out. I'm only 20 years old and topped out at 5 thousand last month.


My response:

Did you EVEN bother to read the rules of this site before you started to advertise?

"Use of the Forums is subject to our Terms and Conditions which prohibit advertisements, solicitations or other commercial messages".

And yes, you are a scam artist. Pre-paid legal services are akin to dipping into an idiots pocket and taking money. The attorneys who "join" these "clubs" have no time to dispense unending legal advice for $25.00 per month.


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential