• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

True copyright protection (Does it work better?)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mabus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan.

What good is submitting your original work into the U.S. copyright function rather than go about one's own way to ensure it can get proven your original work if it pops up under some other person in the U.S. later, since afterall, your very own U.S. people that look over and review your original material upon your submission for a U.S. copyright, MIGHT take (by mentally absorbing to write down later) your original work so they can present it in another country in some way so they may come into gaining profit in somehow?

I mean, how is not my own ensuring way not the U.S. way, since in fact I am presently still a U.S. citizen last I checked?

I mean, if I originalized something in the U.S., while a citizen, then I should infact hold a U.S. copyright in my own way (Example to my way I will only have in implication wise afixing into my very original work: An ensuring my original work is also clearly implying it is not for any other to, in any way, copy and sell without my expressed written consent which I do imply an allowance only for a specified kind of payment. Note: And copy, how I define it in the very implication, also implies any building onto my original work.) in my own U.S. citizen 'proving' right.

And in a U.S. court of law against some other U.S. citizen who is in violation of my own U.S. citizen copy right in the U.S., the U.S. based court should grant me my restitution (like royalies for starts for as long as the one in violation continues making a profit due to my original work I presented as having only the right to sell).

And if I worked in the U.S copyright function I indeed more likely will seek taking what original I viewed on over to other countries where I more likely will seek a profit free from the U.S. copyright protection some sucker didn't think would get their work taken into other countries. ;)

Last edited:

divgradcurl

Your thread makes very little sense as written.

However, there are advantages to registering a work in the U.S. if you created the work in the U.S. Namely, there are some remedies available to you if you register than are not available if you do not register. And you must register before you can enforce your copyright in court in the U.S.

As far as other countries, no other country that I am aware of has a registration available. In any event, you U.S. work is protected by copyright in virtually every other country in the world automatically via the operation of the Berne Convention, so if someone were to infringe on your U.S. copyright in another country, you could enforce your U.S. copyright in their own country under their own country's copyright laws.

As far as stealing a copyright is concerned, there is no evidence that employees of the copyright office have ever "stolen" a work, that I am aware of. Unlike the patent office, the copyright office does not review copyright submissions other than to make sure they comply with the formalities for registration. It is very unlikely that any copyright office employee spends more than the minimum amount of time on any given submission -- they would have no way of evaluating the commerical value of any particular submission.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">