• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

True Idendity by Transunion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sunny pbi

Florida

For over 1 year I pay True Identity a monthly fee for there Credit monitoring And Identity protection plan.
There policy is for 1Mil.$ in case something goes wrong. The same plan is offered by Experian and I believe Equifax. The is underwriter is AIG.

Yesterday I signed on to my True Identify account to check my Credit Report as well the status if ID protection alerts.

Where I have 32!!....Just to be clear...my Credit Reports are Locked and to be sure I put a freeze on it.
Also, it's important to say..My Credit is excellent and so far everything is in order.

But, I have those Alerts and some...granted from 2016 say my email was found on the Dark Web.

In order to understand those Alerts because they have I information boxes attached, I called True Identity for explanation. I Spend 1 hour on the phone, Getting escalated to the Supervisor, Only to find tout that
NOBODY AT TRUE IDENTITY HAS A CLUE about These ID protection!!!

This is Bad Business and something nees to be done..about this.

I HAVE THE SAME PLAN WITH EXPERIAN AND THINGS ARE OK OVER THERE.

Totales confusing..please give..some advise...Thank.you.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
Florida

For over 1 year I pay True Identity a monthly fee for there Credit monitoring And Identity protection plan.
There policy is for 1Mil.$ in case something goes wrong. The same plan is offered by Experian and I believe Equifax. The is underwriter is AIG.

Yesterday I signed on to my True Identify account to check my Credit Report as well the status if ID protection alerts.

Where I have 32!!....Just to be clear...my Credit Reports are Locked and to be sure I put a freeze on it.
Also, it's important to say..My Credit is excellent and so far everything is in order.

But, I have those Alerts and some...granted from 2016 say my email was found on the Dark Web.

In order to understand those Alerts because they have I information boxes attached, I called True Identity for explanation. I Spend 1 hour on the phone, Getting escalated to the Supervisor, Only to find tout that
NOBODY AT TRUE IDENTITY HAS A CLUE about These ID protection!!!

This is Bad Business and something nees to be done..about this.

I HAVE THE SAME PLAN WITH EXPERIAN AND THINGS ARE OK OVER THERE.

Totales confusing..please give..some advise...Thank.you.
I'm sorry -- but what is your question?

Sunny pbi

I'm sorry -- but what is your question?
My question is, if a company offers a service such an important thing like Identity theft protection and monitoring, should they not be able to help you understand what they offer But they had no idea.
It's totally useless and I pay for it and think I am protected.
I don't know under which law it falls or how they can be hold held liable.

quincy

My question is, if a company offers a service such an important thing like Identity theft protection and monitoring, should they not be able to help you understand what they offer But they had no idea.
The website seems to offer an explanation as to what True Identity does.

I guess I am not understanding your problem. I am certainly not seeing any legal action available for you to take, based on what you have said.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If you are not satisfied with the service you are receiving, stop using & paying for the service.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
Have you read your contract that lays out you're paying for? Have you read the FAQs? What is it that you think they're liable for? Have you suffered any damages?

Sunny pbi

The website seems to offer an explanation as to what True Identity does.

I guess I am not understanding your problem. I am certainly not seeing any legal action available for you to take, based on what you have said.
I understand that to a point.
Because, on order to ask for any legal action to be taken, there has to happen something first.
And than, if your are lucky, you have the law on your side.

quincy

I understand that to a point.
Because, on order to ask for any legal action to be taken, there has to happen something first.
And than, if your are lucky, you have the law on your side.
You must show some compensable harm, at any rate, in order to be compensated. :)

I think that if you are unhappy with the service provided, it is not a service worth the cost of continuing.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">