• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

true market value

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mook1

What is the name of your state? florida

I'm going through a divorce. No kids, only been married 1 1/2 yrs, sounds easy doesn't it? Well we built a new house and moved in Oct 04. I want to keep the house because it is next to my sister, niece and nephew. She doesn't want the house but doesn't want me to have it either. Says since I want the divorce she is going to make me move away from the kids.
I already got a true market value of the house, so the appraiser called it. He said he would be willing to go to court and prove it is true market value. She says it is worth alot more and getting her own appraisal.
What I need to know is there any law or standard that has to be followed in an appraisal for court if one person wants it. My appraisal guy says it has to be in the same development, 1 mile radius from house, and 5 yrs older or newer for comps. is this true? where can I find it in writing?
She is going to higher scale neighborhoods to get her comps

seniorjudge

Q: What I need to know is there any law or standard that has to be followed in an appraisal for court if one person wants it.

A: No. Appraisals are just educated guesses, nothing more. Battles of experts in divorce cases is very common.

mook1

thanks

florida

Thanks, not the answering I was hoping to hear. You would think there would be some kind of standard so both appraisals would have something to compare to.
so what does a judge pick? who ever sells their appraisal better?

seniorjudge

mook1 said:
florida

Thanks, not the answering I was hoping to hear. You would think there would be some kind of standard so both appraisals would have something to compare to.
Thus is life.

HomeGuru

mook1 said:
florida

**A: yes, there are in fact standards as set forth by law and the various appraisal associations. Do a search real esate appraisal standards etc. And there are times when a review appraiser is hired to do a third party review of the 2 different appraisals.

mook1

thanks , your a better searcher then I am. That's why I came to this board.
Plus my head has been so cluttered with all this going on

HomeGuru

mook1 said:
thanks , your a better searcher then I am. That's why I came to this board.
Plus my head has been so cluttered with all this going on

**A: yes, I am a better searcher. It only took me 4 years to find my mind. And another 4 years to make up my mind. Now I am searching for a heart of gold and I'm getting old.

This is a perfect example of how this website helps people for free.
And why this site has gotten numerous awards.

mook1

well, I'll say thanks again and going to the site now. Hopefully I'll find exactly what I'm looking for. All I want to do is be fair, buy her out, stay nerxt to my family. Why does life have to be so full of controversary for most people? I'll have to say there are no morals anymore and people are never happy with they have. Always looking on the greener side even when life is good. Ok, I've rant enough on a total off the wall subject and not pertaining to this booard.

HomeGuru

mook1 said:
well, I'll say thanks again and going to the site now. Hopefully I'll find exactly what I'm looking for. All I want to do is be fair, buy her out, stay nerxt to my family. Why does life have to be so full of controversary for most people?

**A: don't know. That was not a legal question anyway.

I'll have to say there are no morals anymore and people are never happy with they have. Always looking on the greener side even when life is good. Ok, I've rant enough on a total off the wall subject and not pertaining to this booard.
**A: that's right.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">