• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trust estat personal representativee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rghjudi

What is the name of your state?
New York
After my mother passed I petitioned the Trustee for accounting of the estate, the attorneys settled it "amicably" they never went back to court. he quit me the same month the trust ended, leaving me at this point high and dry.
My trust ended 12/03 and I received no documention, for the past year I've been hammering for an accounting. What I received was (not legal form) "account of proceedings", I found it unacceptable but it had a file number, I called the court and that file number belongs to the petition for accounting of the estate, I want accounting of my trust. If that file number is used it will appear that they are responding to the petition which they are not. I called my former attorney and asked why the file # had not been closed, he said because "I" wasn't satisfied, that's true, but I had assumed and was led to believe that it was closed. Is using that file # legal, and is there a statute of time allowed to finalize a trust once it's closed?
I had that same attorney for two years, he was paid well enough that I can't afford another, was it ethical for him to quit before the finalization?
Thank you for your time
Judy

Last edited:

Dandy Don

What was his reason for quitting?

Was a trustee's bond required for the management of this trust?

What is specifically wrong with the Account of Proceedings?

If the trust has anything left in it, you may want to consider requesting an audit, which supposedly will be paid for out of the trust. You need to be talking to a New York trust attorney to find out what specific things you can be doing to get the accounting, IF New York State Law allows it. A New York trust attorney is not likely to be reading this message board. Or you could also post your query on www.lawguru.com

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">