• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trust Title - Florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
In the Declaration of Trust for my late Father (Insurance Trust) it states that upon his death all interests in Florida real estate shall be allocated to a separate trust, the Marital Trust (for benefit of step-Mom). Since there was nothing other than a condominium, I was advised to not change anything and an actual "marital trust" was not created. Now that the condo is being sold, the funds will be invested in a brokerage account and I need to get Tax ID number. My question is what the title of the account should be. From what I can gather it could be either of two possibilities, or maybe more that I haven't thought of.

1) ABC Insurance Trust Dated xx/xx/xx Marital Trust, XYZ as Trustee (Based on original trust date)

2) ABC Marital Trust Dated xx/xx/xx, XYZ as Trustee (Based on date of his death, which seemingly kicks in the marital trust)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential