• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trust U/W - Simple or Complex?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrustUser

Yes. There are lot more options for estate planning than the revocable living trust. You seem to discount them all but the revocable living trust. Because the revocable living trust apparently works best for you, you seem to have the belief that they are the best for everyone in every state. That tells me you are not informed and not experienced in the value of other estate planning options for some people. Not everyone is the same. They don't have the same financial situation, same health, same family, same goals as everyone else. State laws and practices also differ, perhaps more than you realize. You seem to primarily view the world through the lens of how things work in California. I will tell you that, thankfully, no other state is like California. And because not everyone's situation is the same, they will have different needs and different estate planning options will work better for some than others. Revocable living trusts are not the best thing for all people, or even necessarily most people.

Then you missed the point. You said:

And my point was that there are situations in which that is useful.
if there are situations in which that is useful, kindly name one. all you have implied so far is that it is a good option because not all states have onerous probate processes like california

to me that is like saying that no one wants to go to hell. but staying a few months in purgatory is not a bad thing. i still prefer to go straight to heaven.

TrustUser

I am not answering any more questions. I find them rude and condescending.

Didn't anyone ever tell you that you should capitalize the first words of your sentences?
i only asked you, the op, the question

the sarcasm was directed totally at zigner

TrustUser

Depending on state law, the trustee may be required to make periodic reports to the court regarding the status of the trust for as long as the trust exists.

it would be interesting to find out which states require mandatory contact with the probate court for testamentary trusts - that is a huge disadvantage when compared to the typical revocable trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">