• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trustee Allowing Bankruptcy Fraud?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

steven200738

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota. I have evidence of someone committing bankruptcy fraud, and spoke to the Trustee assigned to the case. The Trustee said if I could show between $5,000 and $10,000 in assets, they would file a complaint, the case would be reopened, and an investigation would follow. I was able to show $25,000 and now the Trustee basically claims to be too busy. I do have the option of hiring a neutral attorney to represent the Trustee to do the investigation, but I would have to pay the attorney out of my own pocket. If you're wondering, yes, I do have a judgment against the person committing fraud. I just don't see how this is justice. If I want to persue this, I have to pay someone to do the job of the Trustee? I am thinking of contacting the local office or the headquarters in Washington, DC to see if I can get some assistance for this Trustee. It's almost like the Trustee doesn't care that someone is committing bankruptcy fraud. I am frustrated, and would like some advice and/or guidance. If the Trustee is overwhelmed with cases, shouldn't there be other Trustees to help lighten the load?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota. I have evidence of someone committing bankruptcy fraud, and spoke to the Trustee assigned to the case. The Trustee said if I could show between $5,000 and $10,000 in assets, they would file a complaint, the case would be reopened, and an investigation would follow. I was able to show $25,000 and now the Trustee basically claims to be too busy. I do have the option of hiring a neutral attorney to represent the Trustee to do the investigation, but I would have to pay the attorney out of my own pocket. If you're wondering, yes, I do have a judgment against the person committing fraud. I just don't see how this is justice. If I want to persue this, I have to pay someone to do the job of the Trustee? I am thinking of contacting the local office or the headquarters in Washington, DC to see if I can get some assistance for this Trustee. It's almost like the Trustee doesn't care that someone is committing bankruptcy fraud. I am frustrated, and would like some advice and/or guidance. If the Trustee is overwhelmed with cases, shouldn't there be other Trustees to help lighten the load?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Is this chapter 7, 11 or...?

How far along is this bankruptcy?

Did you actually file an adversarial complaint with the Trustee?

Last edited:

latigo

The Trustee Program is responsible for overseeing the administration of bankruptcy cases and is a component of the United States Department of Justice.

That is where I would be stating my case. Not to the Trustee, which by the way is a license to print money!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">