• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trustee Dealings, Cloaking, and OPT out?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sadsam

What is the name of your state? Virginia
I have a few questions.
(1) I read an earlier post (discharged revoked) where they had to send in copies of their taxes. How long after discharge does one have to continue providing finanacial information to the courts?
(2) I also read in another post (doing my homework) that someone was able to get their BR cloaked. What is that? Plus they also did an OPT out on their credit report and was unclear what that was.
Thank you for your time.

I think it makes a difference if it a CH7 or CH13, When I filed my CH7 I had 30 days to turn in the final requests.

I have no knowledge of the other things??

zippysgoddess

An Opt out for your credit reports is when you do just that, you opt out of letting anyone unsolicited by you, or without a legitimate inquiry, view the basics of your credit report.

Have you ever gotten those offers in the mail saying that you were chosen to receive this offer because you met certain basic credit criteria? These people do a soft inquiry on your reports, a soft inquiry means that only you can see that list of inquiries and they do not get to view your entire report.

Opting out, prevents them from being able to do this and stops you from receiving unsolicited junk mail from these companies.

Ladynred

(1) I read an earlier post (discharged revoked) where they had to send in copies of their taxes. How long after discharge does one have to continue providing finanacial information to the courts?
A lot depends on what chapter you file and the conditions of each individual case. For the most part, once a CH 7 is discharged, you're done. If its around tax refund time, the Trustee can demand that the refund be turned over when you get it, even if its months after the discharge. If you have settlements or inheritances pending when you file, those become part of the bankruptcy estate and the Trustee can demand all or part of the proceeds to pay your creditors. I read of one case where a guy finally got a settlement from a lawsuit - YEARS after his bankrutpcy - the Trustee turned up with his hand out !

If you file Ch 13, you can end up sending all your tax refunds and tax info to the Trustee for the duration of the plan.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">