• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trustee objects to exemptions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blusafire

What is the name of your state? Florida
341 meeting was Jan21. 1st letter received, informed us to turn over tax refund of $2,185.00. also included letter from trustee objecting to personal exemptions. called lawyer was told trustee will have an appraiser come to our home. Received tax refund today and will send out to trustee today. Does anyone have any idea on how long they can leave us hanging in limbo?Has anyone else had an appraiser come to their home? also, how does an appraiser value items? We were told to figure how much we could get in a yard sale for items. :confused:

Michelle Rene'

Did you have to turn over all your income tax, or did you get to keep you earned income credit? I just got my discharge but have not been notified yet on them taking my income tax. I was also told to price everything as if I were putting it in a yard sale. I thought by law they had to leave you your home. I don't have an attourney I did it myself, but when I divorced my husband I left the home and have been renting for almost 2 years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">