• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trustee service fees for pre-foreclosure on HELOC loan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

awacs84

I live in Arizona. I have a $23k HELOC loan that I defaulted on, and they have set a date of trustee sale auction on 7/31, for my house, which 1st mortgage is based on. The bank is willing to reinstate the loan if I pay about $1400 in past payments, but is also asking for another $1300 in trustee service fees. I asked the bank which law firm they are dealing with, was advised it wasn't a law firm, but another bank "Fidelity". Can the trustee service fees be that high compared to a small size of the loan? Is there certain limit on fees they can charge? Seemed like an excessive charge. I appreciate your reply!

PayrollHRGuy

They don't have to make the deal at all. And since you have already defaulted on the contract that may well have limited such fees it is likely out the window as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">