• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trying to get a business started

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

reggi

What is the name of your state? new york

my boyfriend and i are trying to get our crafting and consulting business going. i have obtained the dba (doing business as) from our county building. what i can't see to find through the business area of our states website, is what is required if we want to do this as an e-commerce? not sure if this is the right term. we would like to sell world wide. what do we need to pursue this. any information would be greatly appreciated.:)

JETX

Register business (as you have done).
Start sales.
Collect and remit sales taxes where required.

R

reggi

hg and jetx
thank you both for the answers, however, i am a bit confused still on the taxes. collecting the taxes is not a problem, however, do i have to go by the tax tables from the other states or just new york

JETX

Generally, you would only have to collect state and local taxes on any sales in YOUR state and area. However, you would need to comply with the specific laws in those states where you make sales.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">