• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trying to pay iff debt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jeremy73

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

A few years ago I tried to start a business using a credit card. The business was unsuccessful and I fell behind on my credit card payments. I tried using a debt settlement company but it ended up being a scam. The credit card company charged off the account and sold it to Zwicker & associates. We agreed to a settlement and I began paying. In August I tried to refinance my home so that I could pay off the debt and repair my credit but when my finance company wanted a payoff, they would give inaccurate amounts every time. This caused my loan not to go through. They will not talk to me or my finance company. I feel they are seriously misrepresenting my debt which is against the law. I cannot find anyone to help or give me advice. Can someone please help me? Zwicker & associates are not doing right!

nrknlknek

I could be wrong, but my guess is that the different amounts you are being quoted is a consequence of interest which continues to accrue on the principal balance. Typically, a creditor will give you a payoff amount that is good through a date certain. Did you request that?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">