• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trying to stop visitation before court date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JaneyS4

What is the name of your state? GA

A while back, I posted about a friend who is going to court to try and gain custody from grandparents who are guardians.

Quick summary: No affidavit of paternity, no dna test, yet, my friends lawyer and theirs are currently going back and forth, and hopefully court wil be soon, but as we all know, sometimes it takes forever.

Meanwhile, with no visitation guidelines set by a court, they have cut my friends visitation back from every other weekend, to only 9 hours every other weekend, and now to 9 hours once a month. They seem to be trying to distance him from his daughter before the court date arrives, even though up until the last couple of months he had her all weekend, every other weekend like a normal visitation schedule. There is absolutely no basis for these changes what so ever.

My question is, is there some sort of forms that can be filed or some sort of temporary hearing that can be done to make them let him have some contact with his daughter until court? At this rate, by next month, they won't let him see her at all.

H

hexeliebe

Since your friend has an attorney who is intimately familiar with his case, there is nothing we can say or do that would shed any more light on his situation.

We don't know ALL the circumstances, the events nor can we be in the room when your friend's attorney speaks with the other side.

VeronicaGia

JaneyS4 said:
What is the name of your state? GA

A while back, I posted about a friend who is going to court to try and gain custody from grandparents who are guardians.

Quick summary: No affidavit of paternity, no dna test, yet, my friends lawyer and theirs are currently going back and forth, and hopefully court wil be soon, but as we all know, sometimes it takes forever.

Meanwhile, with no visitation guidelines set by a court, they have cut my friends visitation back from every other weekend, to only 9 hours every other weekend, and now to 9 hours once a month. They seem to be trying to distance him from his daughter before the court date arrives, even though up until the last couple of months he had her all weekend, every other weekend like a normal visitation schedule. There is absolutely no basis for these changes what so ever.

**He needs to document all visition, starting with the visitation he had prior to them cutting it back. He needs a spiral bound notebook documenting every minute of visitation. An excellent website also: www.deltabravo.net

My question is, is there some sort of forms that can be filed or some sort of temporary hearing that can be done to make them let him have some contact with his daughter until court? At this rate, by next month, they won't let him see her at all.
He can ask his attorney to file a temporary visitation order. But since paternity has not been legally established, this may or may not work.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">