• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

TSP and Fers divorce Apeal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kboons

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Massachusetts.I just got divorced ( not yet 30days ago) I have 2 isuess. 1) the judge failed to understand the outstanding loan/interest I have on my TSP residential loan. He said my ex was not responsible for the due interested I have left on the loan. I want to appeal this.I dont want to hire my lawyer again. Please advise. what I can say to make everyone understand that my ex is also responsible for half this debt. It is $7k.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Massachusetts. Me again. I plan on hiring a CPA to write up my FERS paperwork. Again my ex is getting half. I did not get ANY of ther 401k in the divorce. Can I appeal this decision with the grounds that I did not get any of her 401k. I do not plan on retiring for another 20 years. Why should she get it then? Would the arguement that the $ would not be vested until I retire, which is after the dissolution of the marriage?
I may be grasping for straws, but I dont feel I really had my day in court with the Court Mediator we were assigned.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">