• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tuition reimburesment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

climber01

What is the name of your state? north carolina

I signed an application for tuition reimbursement in Feb 07. I was finally approved for reimbursement and paid by my employer in October of 07 after paying out of pocket and completing coursework. The application said that if paid, i would agree to stay with the company 1 year or pay the company back. I left in April 08 and the company reminded me I should pay them back. I did not send a payment and asked for something in writing. Since then, the company was purchased by another company and I just received a letter from the new corporation asking me to pay up. I beleive it is something I can challenge since the manager that I applied with left the company in Feb 07 and the company I applied with no longer exists. I do not have a contract or any kind of "note" or repayment plan signed. Any ideas on if their "application" is enforceable?

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No, none. We cannot interpret documentation we have not read.

Show the application and any other documentation you may have (including letters and e-mails) to an attorney in your state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">