• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tuition reimbursement benefit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spklav97

What is the name of your state? Indiana
My father-in-law has been working for 1 plant for 40 years out of union as a welder. The plant is closing down. He never got his high school diploma or GED. The company is offering up to $1000.00 "training benefit" where you can be reimbursed for training programs you take to qualify you to go to work somewhere else. He wants to work that minimal amount so they have maximum income potential. If he asks HR if the highschool/GED cost will be reimbursed through this credit, can they make an issue out of the fact that he didn't have one all this time? Can they reduce or suspend benefits because he never had one. I believe he may have lied on his original application (40 years ago, but I will have to double check on that.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Since whether or not he lied on his application affects the answer, you should check on that and let us know.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">