• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tuition Reimbursement Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

falcon95614

What is the name of your state? State of California

My daughter signed a tuition reimbursement contract with a private school. This tuition reimbursement included paying for her complete teaching credential. The contract states that she would have to stay with the school for 2 years after completing the credential or she would be obligated to pay the tuition if she left prior to that. Right now she has a offer with a public school and just completed her credential. Is this contract binding? I don't think it is. Can someone help?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
She will have to show the agreement to an attorney in her state. But offhand I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't be binding. When they agreed to pay her tuition it was with the understanding that she woudl stay with them long enough for them to reap some benefit from her new education. Employer's don't pay for someone's education out of the goodness of their hearts. If she leaves as soon as she has the education, they've just paid out a whole lot of money for something that will benefit her, but not them any longer. Why SHOULDN'T she have to repay them?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">