• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tuition Reimbursement Payback to Employer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PIBALORENA

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

I signed a tuition reimbursement agreement that if I quit I'd have to pay my company back. The agreement stated that they would keep my final check to be applied towards what I owe and the rest I'd have to pay back upon my company demanding the rest. They kept my last two paychecks, which caused me to pay all my bills really late as I was expecting for them to only keep my final check. Would that be considered a breach of contract on their side as they were only suppose to keep my final check? What are my rights? Also, by law they were suppose to pay me any tuition reimbursement above $5,000 via payroll (deducting proper taxes as wages) and they paid the full $9,000 as a full payment [$4,000 should have been paid as wages].

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">