• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tuition Reimbursement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

byronleger

What is the name of your state? TX

The corporation I work for offers tuition reimbursement. It's in the employee benefits package, heck, it's on the website as an incentive to work for this company.

Recently, our division was reorganized under another. I am trying to file the necessary paperwork to go back to school in the spring. But the HR of the division we are now under now says since they had never really offered their employees the tuition reimbursement, I wouldn't be able to get it.

I don't understand, being the tuition reimbursement is a corporate level benefit, can a particular division of that company deny it?

Thanks.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I know this is not the answer you want to hear, but yes, different divisions can offer/not offer different benefits.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">