• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tuition reimbursment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

radnar

What is the name of your state? MI

My company offers tuition reimbursement to all employees at the corporate level. I have been completing my masters degree for over 2 years now. At the time I signed an agreement to reimburse the company the tuition if I left before a three year period. About a year ago the company entered into bankrupcty and is predicted to emerge in one month. The company continued to reimburse me during bankrupcty proceedings. Is the agreement still valid and am I responsible for reimbursing the company the tuition?

Beth3

Is the agreement still valid and am I responsible for reimbursing the company the tuition? Yes and yes. Your employer restructuring their debt has no effect on your employment relationship.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">