• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tuition Repayment When a Company Moves

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jmb001

What is the name of your state? NY

I have an obligation to stay with my company for 2 years due to their paying for graduate school. However my company is moving locations from NY to NJ and expects me to make that commute which I have little interest in doing. Is anyone familiar with this type of situation? HR has already just stated to me that they do not believe this would negate my repayment obligation, but surely some consideration must be given to the fact that it's not an agreement I would have entered into with a company in NJ.What is the name of your state?

ecmst12

You are going to have to show your repayment agreement to a contracts lawyer in NY to determine how enforceable it might be in your current situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">