• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

turn my lease into a buy?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

marvel2

Help! I am so frustrated. I lease my van for $384.00 a month. I have had the lease for three years and I have two more years to go. However, I want to change the lease into a buy now. I dont really want to wait until the end of the term. How come there is no banks that want to do this for me? I have figured it out and if I change the loan into a buy now my payments will remain the same its just like extending my term so that at the end of the term the vehicle would be mine. That is all I want to do. The banks can see that I am making the payment now so its not like I am asking for more credit. WHY AM I HAVING A HARD TIME DOING THIS? I dont see what the big deal is because the only change would be extending the term so that I can own it at the end. Any help or advice? Thanks.
Marvel2, PA

P

peter

Now you know what a ripoff leases are...

And why they only allow you to buy at the end of a lease, they figure most people will not buy the cars at the end of a lease so they sell it and make a few extra thousand on it.

NEVER lease a car unless its a tax write off!

OR unless you know in 2 or 3 years you will be leaving the country, and it wouldnt be economical to ship the car there.

Lesed cars are for people who want to keep up with the jones by getting a new car every couple a years...

===============

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by marvel2:
Help! I am so frustrated. I lease my van for $384.00 a month. I have had the lease for three years and I have two more years to go. However, I want to change the lease into a buy now. I dont really want to wait until the end of the term. How come there is no banks that want to do this for me? I have figured it out and if I change the loan into a buy now my payments will remain the same its just like extending my term so that at the end of the term the vehicle would be mine. That is all I want to do. The banks can see that I am making the payment now so its not like I am asking for more credit. WHY AM I HAVING A HARD TIME DOING THIS? I dont see what the big deal is because the only change would be extending the term so that I can own it at the end. Any help or advice? Thanks.
Marvel2, PA
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

M

marvel2

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by peter:
Now you know what a ripoff leases are...

And why they only allow you to buy at the end of a lease, they figure most people will not buy the cars at the end of a lease so they sell it and make a few extra thousand on it.

NEVER lease a car unless its a tax write off!

OR unless you know in 2 or 3 years you will be leaving the country, and it wouldnt be economical to ship the car there.

Lesed cars are for people who want to keep up with the jones by getting a new car every couple a years...

===============

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">