• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

turning myself in another state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? south carolina

can i turn myself in in another state i heard that another state the orginal state has 72 hours to get you is that true also i heard most states wont spend the money to come get ppl if they are small charges like mine is a violation of probation for burglary 3rd. can someone answer these questions and perhaps give me the whole procedure that will take place cuz i really wanna turn myself in and get this behind me but im 1000 plus miles away from my arresting state


ya. if they don't extradite, does that mean that they have to drop the charge? or can they arrest you later and leave the warrant open in your home state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential