• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Two agencies I worked for are refusing to pay me, and government office telling them it's okay.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdaker

In case you're unclear about what they are telling you: STOP EMAILING AND/OR CALLING THEM. Or you can get a restraining order against you. Which, if granted and you violate it, you may be arrested. If they are this aggravated at your repeated contacts you are going to find yourself in trouble. So knock it off. Now.
I won't contact the agencies nor the county office anymore, but I don't know how to find the hours/days that I worked. I can't ask them for them, as they have changed them by hand themselves, and are threatening me with prosecution.

sdaker

You're not getting it. DON'T POST IDENTIFYING INFO!

Report them at the link above is what PayrollHRGuy was telling you.
I will do that, but in order to file my claim, I need the exact hours that I worked, but they have changed them on their ends, and I have no way of finding the exact hours anymore. I may have to guess what they were, because I don't have evidence of what hours/days I worked. They've deleted them online, and I never thought to take pictures in case something like this would happen. If I don't present evidence of my hours worked or at least a good guess, the Labor Commissioner will go off of what the agencies and county office are telling him, which aren't true at all.

Last edited:

sdaker

sdaker, since you're so convinced that filing a wage complaint with the proper authorities won't work and you push back from every suggestion we've given you, just exactly what is it you think we can do for you?
I never said that, and I haven't pushed back from any suggestions that you guys have given me. What I said was that I don't have the exact hours that I worked, because they altered/deleted them from the website where I submitted them. The Wage Commissioner wants the exact hours, and if I can't provide that information, he may end up going off on what information they have instead of what I'm going to give him. Is there no way to pressure them into giving either myself or the wage commissioner the hours that I submitted, rather than the ones that they altered and submitted themselves? I need the correct hours in order for the complaint to have any real merit.

PayrollHRGuy

You need to estimate your hours. If there is enough discrepancy the wage commission should request data from the employer.

sdaker

You need to estimate your hours. If there is enough discrepancy the wage commission should request data from the employer.
The employer will give them the false hours that they submitted behind my back, the ones they deleted and altered. I want to know if there's a way to get the hours that I submitted.

quincy

The employer will give them the false hours that they submitted behind my back, the ones they deleted and altered. I want to know if there's a way to get the hours that I submitted.
You cannot get a copy of deleted records. Estimate the hours you worked. The Wage Commission will compare your estimate with what is reported as wages.

Here are the laws on civil restraining orders and harassment:

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?lawCode=CCP&sectionNum=527.6.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?sectionNum=653m&lawCode=PEN

You would benefit from local legal assistance. Find a legal professional in your area if you can. But do not make any additional contact with the employer.

PayrollHRGuy

It isn't your job or within your power to investigate the claim. Many if not most timekeeping systems have an audit function that would show any edits made by the employer. The state knows this and will look for it if you are claiming they modified your time record.

sdaker

It isn't your job or within your power to investigate the claim. Many if not most timekeeping systems have an audit function that would show any edits made by the employer. The state knows this and will look for it if you are claiming they modified your time record.
It wasn't just the agency who modified my time record, the county office told them to do it. They removed hours and entire days (I think an entire week) that I submitted, but I have video evidence that proves I was there for the over/double time election night that they are claiming I wasn't present at. They have access to the physical sign-in sheets, and they have either modified/destroyed those or hidden them, just as they did with the online time sheets, but they aren't showing me the physical sign-in sheets, that's for sure. There's video footage of me showing up to work on the night that they are accusing me of not having been there at all. I will include the link and the exact moment in the video for the Labor Commissioner to see the LA County for the liars that they are. They can no longer deny that I was there. It's pretty much "smoking gun" evidence.

quincy

It wasn't just the agency who modified my time record, the county office told them to do it. They removed hours and entire days (I think an entire week) that I submitted, but I have video evidence that proves I was there for the over/double time election night that they are claiming I wasn't present at. They have access to the physical sign-in sheets, and they have either modified/destroyed those or hidden them, just as they did with the online time sheets, but they aren't showing me the physical sign-in sheets, that's for sure. There's video footage of me showing up to work on the night that they are accusing me of not having been there at all. I will include the link and the exact moment in the video for the Labor Commissioner to see the LA County for the liars that they are. They can no longer deny that I was there. It's pretty much "smoking gun" evidence.
Present whatever evidence you have that supports your claim.

PayrollHRGuy

The EMPLOYER is the problem. Everything else is a contract issue between your employer and the state agency.

sdaker

The EMPLOYER is the problem. Everything else is a contract issue between your employer and the state agency.
Here is the message that the County of LA sent to one of the agency heads,

"(My name) was working through another agency at the (Location name) Warehouse Tech Support on the days he is claiming below, and please note, he was not assigned to that location with your work order. (My name) was dismissed from his work with the RR/CC indefinitely on 3/5/2020; however, he decided to go to the TOC after being a no show and clocked in to do work. (My name) is not allowed on our grounds period.”

quincy

Here is the message that the County of LA sent to one of the agency heads,

"(My name) was working through another agency at the (Location name) Warehouse Tech Support on the days he is claiming below, and please note, he was not assigned to that location with your work order. (My name) was dismissed from his work with the RR/CC indefinitely on 3/5/2020; however, he decided to go to the TOC after being a no show and clocked in to do work. (My name) is not allowed on our grounds period.”
So ... you worked hours when you were not assigned to work. It is understandable then that the employer will not pay you for those hours. You can’t simply show up at a workplace whenever you want to and start working.

Why are you not allowed “on our grounds period?” What exactly did you do to lead to a ban from the property?

Last edited:

sdaker

So ... you worked hours when you were not assigned to work. It is understandable then that the employer will not pay you for those hours. You can’t simply show up at a workplace whenever you want to and start working.

Why are you not allowed “on our grounds period?” What exactly did you do to lead to a ban from the property?
That's not true. You're going by the words of the county, and they're lying. I was assigned to work those hours, the onsite manager insisted that I come during the graveyard over/double time shift. Regarding the other location that I was banned from, that one has nothing to do with this one. I'm not claiming to have been in two places at once either, I was told to come to this location and work overnight, I signed in and I have video evidence that I was there. My onsite manager told me to come, and approved my hours.

quincy

That's not true. You're going by the words of the county, and they're lying. I was assigned to work those hours, the onsite manager insisted that I come during the graveyard over/double time shift. Regarding the other location that I was banned from, that one has nothing to do with this one. I'm not claiming to have been in two places at once either, I was told to come to this location and work overnight, I signed in and I have video evidence that I was there. My onsite manager told me to come, and approved my hours.
Do you have any evidence at all that you were told to come into work at that time (not evidence that you were there but that you were supposed to be there)?

What led to your ban from the other property?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">