• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Two insurance Policies on one house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

ssabri

What is the name of your state? Texas

My question is related to insurance claims. I live in a house I own, the insurance policy is in my brother’s name and my name, but he’s the primary person listed on the policy. I changed policies to another company and we didn’t cancel the old policy. The new policy is under my name only. A hailstorm hit the house and damaged the roof. My question, can I claim the damage on both policies without getting in any legal problems? And the same thing applies to the car.

Thank you,
Sabri

tammy8

So your name is on the deed to the house but your brother has the insurance in HIS name? Same as your car insurance. Boy that is a be denial of claims and even fraud waiting to happen.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">