• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Two Life Insurance Beneficiaries, One Deceased

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rmarieh

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Wisconsin
My uncle passed away recently and my father who is deceased was listed along with an uncle who is living, as joint beneficiaires. Would the payment go to my uncle or would my father's portion be dispersed according to his WILL where my mom is listed as beneficiary?

Dandy Don

You or someone else (perhaps the executor of your father's estate) will need to talk to the insurance company about this to find out what the insurance company policy is about paying out. The company might make the amount payable to your father's estate or they may decide not to pay out anything.

The will has no influence in this matter since insurance money passes outside of probate.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">