• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

TX/1 month Dlnqnt Trying to repossess my car/HELP?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TxBlu

I have a car that I bought in June 2000, I am behind on my august payment. The car lot has called family and told them they are going to repossess my car and stated that I was behind 2 payments when in fact I am only behind one. It is a in house loan, and on the paperwork I have it only states that my car payments are for XX amount and due on the 1st of each month for twelve months. The repossession guy came to pick it up yesterday and I refused to let him take the car and now have it parked in an area that they cannot access. What are my rights? I have the August car payment for them and intend to file suit against the car lot on tuesday when the City offices open for FTC laws that they have violated, also on my contract it states that the lot can charge of Documentary fee not to exceed $25.00 of which I was charged $50.00 doesnt that make this document invalid?
Please Help

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">