• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tx

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TX _Brandy

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? TEXAS I will spare you ALL the details and try to give you only what you might need.

I was injured at work 7/2004.
Fractured wrist 3 places, tore ligiments, nerve damage. I have had 3 surgeries and headed for impairment rating this month. :confused:

HERE IS THE QUESTION: After 10 months of LIGHT DUTY ACCOMODATIONS from my employer they suddenly told me to punch out, go home and do not come back until I can work with NO DR RESTRICTIONS. :eek:

The next week, they called on the phone requesting me to turn all my uniforms in.

I was doing a very good job at my new duties and the department heads I was working for were very pleased with my work.

This action by the employer FOLLOWED the realization that I had HIRED a WORK COMP ATTORNEY. :mad: COMMENTS PLEASE?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you've hired an attorney, he's the one who should be answering your questions as he has far more information than we do.

I have no idea why your employer took this action. I do know that it is not NECESSARILY illegal.

TX _Brandy

cbg said:
If you've hired an attorney, he's the one who should be answering your questions as he has far more information than we do.

I have no idea why your employer took this action. I do know that it is not NECESSARILY illegal.
The attny I hired is my WORK COMP ATTORNY only.

He does not address employment/discrimination law. He only sees to it that I get the Work Comp benefits I am entitled to.

He found over $1500 in Wages they owed me (TIBS) and over $400 in mileage reimbursements I qualified for. Every dollar counts, right?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">