• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

U.S citizen interrogated by Saudi authorities, please help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

oldpumpkin

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I am in a sticky situation and did not know where to post this question.

I am U.S Citizen, from michigan, i am in Saudi Arabia right now for a business trip, for some reason , Saudi authorities thought my business and company name were not Legitimate and thought i was in the country to do illegal things. I was interrogated once and i tried not to say much, but they confiscated my passport and told me i am not allowed to leave the country until further notice. So i do not know what to do or what will happen to me. what can i do???

Just Blue

I am U.S Citizen, from michigan, i am in Saudi Arabia right now for a business trip, for some reason , Saudi authorities thought my business and company name were not Legitimate and thought i was in the country to do illegal things. I was interrogated once and i tried not to say much, but they confiscated my passport and told me i am not allowed to leave the country until further notice. So i do not know what to do or what will happen to me. what can i do???

Go to the US Embassy.

Px Hx

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member

When you are in a foreign country you are subject to the laws of that country and there is very little the U.S. can do for you. Saudi Arabia does not provide a whole lot in the way of legal rights to those facing criminal charges.

quincy

The website for the US Embassy in Saudi Arabia has links to legal resources but the lawyers listed are not vetted by the US.

Oldpumpkin, you might want to check to see if your business knows of a good lawyer in Saudi Arabia or you can contact s US-based firm with offices in Saudi Arabia for help. It might be smart to line a lawyer up now, just in case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">