• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

U.S. Department of Labor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah

Everybody is aware of the state of the national economy.

My question is what are the details in the position of the U.S. Department of Labor? Does anyone here know?

What are the responsibilities?

Will it be a significant part in repairing the economy?

Last edited:

Just wanted to know the job description / responsibilities for the positon in the Department of Labor.

Is the Department of Labor just like a complaint department?

What is it? May I ask?

Found it!

The United States Department of Labor is a Cabinet department of the United States government responsible for occupational safety, wage and hour standards, unemployment insurance benefits, re-employment services, and some economic statistics. Many U.S. states also have such departments. The department is headed by the United States Secretary of Labor. Hilda Solis is the current secretary.

Gee, that wasn't so hard.

My Aunt might be taking that position is why I was courious.

Congratulations Honey! It looks like you are gonna have your hands full!

I love you.

commentator

In my view, the major job of the United States Department of Labor is to oversee and maintain legal compliance of all the state departments of labor with all the federally mandated programs they cover.

Monitoring by "the feds" is the wonderful thing that elevates state programs far far above private contractor programs, though the feds do also try to monitor them also. There are regional federal offices in all areas of the country, and like the old commercial says, "When they talk, we listen." I hope your aunt enjoys her stay with DOL, and catches on and makes a difference. I think individuals doing their job right and responsibily are the key to the world working right, as opposed to the way it works most of the time.

Antigone*

Ooops. Thanks for the ability to delete this comment. : P
Ladies,

This troll has been bashing seniors all night long. Several of her posts have been reported to admin.

She claims to be "a daughter of an attorney from a family of attornies" and she has to come to an internet board to ask what the Department of Labor does?

This troll is just here to yank everyone's chain. Let it be known ohmyheaven that we "seniors" may disagree with one another on occasion, but we stick together and we watch out for each other. When you disrespect one, you've disrespected a whole bunch of us :mad:

Eta... Heaven claims to be a fan of Lord Voldemort. Hopefully soon she can join him in the archives :D

Last edited:
Not cool.

I was not suspended. I just have better things to do with my time.

Is a complaint to the BBB in order?

There is nothing in the history of my post that was a violation. Don't hate.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">