• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ua firering

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stephenewald

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon
I might be fired for a dirty UA! I was UA'D last year and was told that if I get another dirty UA. I would be fired I was given a sheet to sign that says I would be tested again in 30 days. I was not tested and was tested again last week. After the first UA I asked my director of operations that I need help and he advised me to talk to the hr manager I emailed her twice and my emails were never responded to I have tried quitting and have no will control. I again tried to quit and was drug free for two weeks and was drug tested and I think I am getting fired!?!?!? SINCE I TRIED TO GET HELP FROM MY COMPANY FOR MY SICKNESS IS THIS FAIR and here is a side note When I was hired my manager and another manager told me that the company UA'S but I shouldnt worry because I will never get UA'D both managers are no longer working for this company
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The law doesn't care about fair. The law cares about legal. It's not your company's fault that you have no will power. They aren't required to tell you ahead of time about the testing so that you can be sure to be clean during the test and dirty all the rest of the time.

I'm not being snarky here; there is a very definite reason for the question and it makes a difference what, if any, recourse you have.

Did you at any time go to your employer and ask for time off to go to rehab, or in any way indicate to them that you wanted to go to rehab?

Beth3

Nothing prevented you from contacting your doctor/a clinic and seeking treatment on your own. Dealing with your drug problem is not your employer's responsibility. Firing you for your drug test coming up positive wasn't illegal.

cyjeff

I agree.

What did you expect your HR to do that your doctor could not?

Have you sought medical treatment for your addiction or did you simply email HR?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">