• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

UCCJEA question........

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

plz

What is the name of your state? Colorado

My wife and her 4 children are Australian citizens. They arrived in USA in Jan. 2001 after getting permission from Australia Family court to reside in USA. The visitation orders said biological father was to have contact (he still resides in Australia) with children over summer. On the advice of our Australian lawyer - we asked the Australia Family court to change the visitation order (issues with prior visit in summer of 2001) - The biological father responded that custody be changed to him - since we didnt allow contact over summer. I am having difficulty in trying to determine if Colorado is the proper place for jurisdiction to hear this matter under UCCJEA statue. Thanks for any input!
Paul

JaneyS4

plz said:
What is the name of your state? Colorado

My wife and her 4 children are Australian citizens. They arrived in USA in Jan. 2001 after getting permission from Australia Family court to reside in USA. The visitation orders said biological father was to have contact (he still resides in Australia) with children over summer. On the advice of our Australian lawyer - we asked the Australia Family court to change the visitation order (issues with prior visit in summer of 2001) - The biological father responded that custody be changed to him - since we didnt allow contact over summer. I am having difficulty in trying to determine if Colorado is the proper place for jurisdiction to hear this matter under UCCJEA statue. Thanks for any input!
Paul
Try this link: http://www.law.upenn.edu/bll/ulc/fnact99/1990s/uccjea97.htm

Section 105. International Application of [Act]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">