• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

UK citizen marriage to US citizen in Pittsburgh.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ChoroQMAD

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Hello everyone!

My girlfriend andI met each other in Russia where we both live together and work. I am a British citizen and she is an American citizen. We’ve been iin a serious relationship for a while now and are considering marriage. British citizens qualify under the visa waiver program so I can enter the US for 90 days without a visa. Recently i spoke with an immigrationn lawyerr and he told me that because we want to marry in the US and then leave the country I would be able to marry WITHOUT a K1 fiance visa provided that I bring evidence that I have no intention to stay in the US for more than 90 days. (Contract, lease, letter from employer detailing expected return to work etc.)

Now, when i looked at the requirements for a marriage license in Pennsylvania, specifically Alegheny County. It stated that a visa is required for a none-US citizen. I wanted to know, does that just apply for those who have no choice but to get s visa to enter the US? Or does that apply to EVERYONE regardless of the fsct that I CAN legally marry without a k1under my circumstances.

Any he,p would be appreciated.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
There is no visa requirement. You can get married provided you meet the other (very straightforward) requirements.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">