• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

(UK Law) Purchased company webname while employed...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Webby

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice on the sale of a web site I currently own. I wasnt sure what forum to use because there wasnt a perfect match. Hopefully this isnt too OT.

I was employed by a company for 10 years but was made redundant approx 5 years with the closure of my factory. While I was employed I noticed that my company did not own their own web name. I purchased the name and I have paid the subscription on it ever since then.

The company have now offered me money for the site without knowing that I was previously employed by them. This information has now come up in the discussions and they have asked me to confirm that I worked for them. Have I done anything wrong in purchasing the name while employed by the company?

The company name is not totally unique and both words are in the dictionary as common everyday words. I wont post this to prevent it being located in a search engine.

Any advice people can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Steve
UK

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Sorry, Steve, but the law in the UK is completely different from that in the US and no one here knows UK law. That's why it says US Law Only at the top of the screen.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">