• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

UK life assurance question of assign a beneficiary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Freeflow

Hi
From uk
I am looking for advice and reassurance on live insurance with critical illness. This policy was taken out privately for coverage of a mortgage. The mortgage has since being paid back. The assurance company says that currently the life insurance is unassigned, therefore i ask them this in a letter

I understand that in the event of my death there is no beneficiary nominated in the above policy. I further understand that this is a critical illness policy which has got several benefits, however it is in my understanding that I still can appoint a beneficiary for the event of my death; which would leave all the other benefits paid to me and only the Death benefit would be paid to my beneficiary on my death. In the event of my death the Death Benefit of the named policy should be paid to in the first instance to my wife.

They said that they could not do this but did not explain why, because they are not allowed to sell or advise; only a broker could do this. My question is how can i get this done and if i die, will my wife get paid?

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Please clarify.

In your title you mention the UK. When we ask for the name of the state you say Hi.

Are you in the UK or Hawaii? It makes a difference to the answer.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I'm just not seeing it as that big a deal. But I'm willing to let the thread close.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">