• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ultrasound need, no insur, low income

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nichka

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
NJ
Hi!
Doctor has prescribed me 2 urgent female ultrasounds and visit to surgeon but I don't have any insurance and low income ($22000 for family of two). The cost of both ultrasounds will be $1400 plus surgeon visit, which is too much for us. Is there any place I can do it for much less or apply fast for an affordable insurance?
Also, is it possible to do the required procedures and currently apply for some insurance that will pay it later (I know that getting the insurance may take up to 2 month wait - which I can't do)?

Oh... and I don't want to apply for a charity care because of the immigration concerns.

Thank you very much.

ecmst12

You can't apply for private insurance now for tests you already need. Your choices are medicaid or planned parenthood or somewhere else that will allow you to make payments. If you are a legal resident, then getting medicaid won't be a problem.

sallylong

No insurance would cover a pre-existing condition. Your options are limited unless you can find a physician who will allow you to make payments or you change your mind about seeking assistance from a government agency.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">