• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

umbrella policy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

drlong

I live in pa. and I need to know if I am worth over $1million is it necessary to have an umbrella policy for maximum liability coverage? What are the guidlines of how much liability coverage is needed? I am a physician coverered for professional liability for over $1million but my auto limits are $300,000 as is my homeowners.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

drlong said:
I live in pa. and I need to know if I am worth over $1million is it necessary to have an umbrella policy for maximum liability coverage? What are the guidlines of how much liability coverage is needed? I am a physician coverered for professional liability for over $1million but my auto limits are $300,000 as is my homeowners.

My response:

How much is your Practice worth?

Take that figure, double it, and then buy an Umbrella Policy in that amount, or more.

Doctor, as of right now, I can tell you without hesitation, that you are woefully underinsured.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">